Re: [fetchmail]Fixed UIDL + IMAP patch

2004-05-24 12:46:43
Clint Sharp <clint(_at_)typhoon(_dot_)org> writes:

LAST, FastUIDL, SlowUIDL.  FastUIDL uses the POP3 UIDL command, slow
UIDL uses TOP to parse for Message-ID headers.  Obviously all of these

That's one. Another distiction that gives potential for confusion is
Sunil Shetye's "FastUIDL" code which means to use UIDL but do a binary
search to find the first message that is unseen.

I'd be willing to remove the Slow UIDL code (MD5 checksum of Received
and Message-ID headers) if that's the consensus.  However, it already
works and would work on nearly any (even broken) IMAP implementation, so
it seems like it'd be better to hide it behind a configuration option
than remove it completely.

Good thought. Hashing the headers might allow fetchmail to recover
from an IMAP server that had to recover the hard way, i. e. with
UIDVALIDITY bump.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95