Re: [fetchmail]Fixed UIDL + IMAP patch

2004-05-21 10:13:53
Matthias Andree wrote:

<>Clint Sharp <clint(_at_)typhoon(_dot_)org> writes:

already seen and possibly missing mail which was never seen.  Also, what
would we do when the UIDVALIDITY value changed?  Redeliver all mail?

That would be the obvious yet undesirable solution.

One way to kill duplicates would be to SHA1 or RIPEMD160 all Received:
headers, the Message-ID, Subject, Date, From and To/Cc headers.

The patch already does a variation of this, which is to do an MD5Sum of Message-ID: and Received: headers. I think this is the best way to squash duplicate mail, but in low bandwidth situations with large mailboxes this would become a problem.

Clint