Re: [fetchmail]Fixed UIDL + IMAP patch

2004-05-24 12:45:00
Brian Candler <B(_dot_)Candler(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

Ah, then UW IMAP doesn't support disconnected operation.

I don't believe that, as it is supposed to store UIDVALIDITY in the
"folder internal data" message, at least with the recent versions
(imap-2003). Could the site that has "UIDVALIDITY changes every poll"
please check they are not using some b0rked POP3 server that deletes
everything after retrieval (in violation of RFC-1939) or a POP3 client
that deletes all mail? (Maybe we should also teach fetchmail not to
retrieve nor delete this UW folder internal data message just in case
someone runs a vanilla qpopper with UW. I'd say ewwww to either, but I'm
not in charge of the servers, so my opinion isn't asked for...)

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95