Re: [fetchmail]Fixed UIDL + IMAP patch

2004-05-21 10:01:32
Jim Correia wrote:

On May 21, 2004, at 5:11 AM, Matthias Andree wrote:

Clint Sharp <clint(_at_)typhoon(_dot_)org> writes:

However, UW IMAP implementation doesn't even keep the same UIDVALIDITY
between sessions, even without an expunge or any sort of internal
reordering of the email, as seen by the example at the end of the
email.

That would be a SHOULD violation.

Perhaps it depends on the mailbox driver in use? Clint, what format are your mailboxes in? I'm use mbx format, and the UIDVALIDITY seems to persist between sessions(*)

This is only speculation though - I have no familiarity with the source.

Jim

Jim,

Yeah you're right.  I'm using mail.txt format to allow multiple access.

Clint