Re: [fetchmail]Rejecting large messages when using "sendmail" for delivery

2005-06-28 15:17:12
On 28/06/05, Ed W <lists(_at_)wildgooses(_dot_)com> wrote:
 Why not look at the anti-spam codes?

 I'm looking.  I set "-Z 69", but still I get this:

No, not return codes, but MTA error codes.  You need to be passing the
email via SMTP.

 I don't follow where you are going with this?  The calling user is a
virtual user, and all accounts are run under a virtual mail user.  It's
basically an ISP setup here where we run mail for relatively unknown and
untrusted users and allow them to pickup mail from other email accounts if
they want to.

 The desired behaviour here is to bounce the large message...

Which you can't do.  You can either keep repolling it, or delete it.
Or, you can either increase the local limit to match the server you're
pulling from (or talk to them about lowering theirs).

 It's not realistic for me to try and educate the rest of the world on good
mail policy.  Working out how to bounce large messages instead of chewing
bandwidth would seem to be part of the solution though?

Well, you could always provide the project with a patch :-)  All I can
do is tell you that fetchmail doesn't support the behaviour you're
looking for.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor