Re: [fetchmail]Rejecting large messages when using "sendmail" for delivery

2005-06-29 14:35:17
Ed W <lists(_at_)wildgooses(_dot_)com> writes:

        I have postfix installed locally and was finding problems with feeding
        mail in via SMTP to do with some spam messages being bounced when I
        really want them accepted and filtered locally as spam.  So I am now
        doing delivery via the "sendmail" commandline app.

    Why not look at the anti-spam codes?

I'm looking.  I set "-Z 69", but still I get this:

  fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 69
  not flushed

The issue seems to be because of the way I am using the local MDA
instead of via SMTP

Indeed. If the local SMTP server were used, fetchmail would try to use
the ESMTP SIZE extension (Postfix knows this extension) and probably
handle the condition a bit better. The "local MDA" mode is half-baked at best.