Re: [fetchmail]Rejecting large messages when using "sendmail" for delivery

2005-06-28 22:58:38
On 28/06/05, Ed W <lists(_at_)wildgooses(_dot_)com> wrote:

 No, not return codes, but MTA error codes. You need to be passing the
email via SMTP.

 ?? Ehh? My first post made it clear that I wasn't passing email via SMTP
because I couldn't get the behaviour I was after (easily).  You then said I
could check the spam return codes?  I think my confusion is obvious at this
point?

No I said you should check the anti-spam codes.  It's pretty trivial
to do what you said - it's what I do.

 How do I delete it (safely) bearing in mind some users may be marking
"option keep" for some servers?  I sense that this isn't the correct
solution for me?

Details in the man page, though whether or not I'd describe it as safe...

 We seem to be talking cross purposes though - at this stage I'm trying to
configure a complicated tool and have the usual pressures of time.  I was
*hoping* just to get a few simple answers as to current capabilities before
I started cracking open code.  Perhaps I phrased my original question badly
but I don't feel that I obtained this simple answer very easily.

The trouble is, you're trying to get it to do something it's not
designed for, and you're using it in a sub-optimal way (calling
sendmail as a binary).

Also, as always, there's no such thing as a simple answer to a complex question.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor