[fetchmail]Multiple foreground Fetchmail sessions

2006-02-08 20:52:34
Hi,

I'm trying to get Fetchmail to retrieve mail from multiple remote accounts, putting into multiple local accounts simultaneously, with a highly dynamic local/remote user base.

I've found that using 'fetcmail -f -' is a nice way of pumping in dynamically created settings without haveing to worry about managing multiple .fetchmail files and spreading it across multiple users. (I beleive the poll method is basically a serially queued check from a single daemon, right?).

Anyway, even though I'm trying from a threaded framework, it sees it as running multiple foreground sessions, and really doesn't want to let me do it:

   fetchmail: another foreground fetchmail is running at 32161.

I was wondering if there was a nice way to supress this check to enable me to run multiple at the same time (as there will never be any backgrounded versions of this running).

Any ideas?

(FC4: fetchmail-6.2.5-7.fc4.1 RPM, 'fetchmail -V' 6.2.5+IMAP-GSS+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+INET6+NLS)

Stuart J. Browne