Re: text --> IA5 ?

1991-04-08 11:55:09
Between the answers posted to this list and the answers sent to me as
mail, it's obvious that none of my suggested alternatives was good
enough.  The real problem, I think, is that the current default
content-type for mail has never been well-enough defined for any of the
more specific terms to properly apply.  Thus, for example, calling it
"NVT-ASCII" or "IA5" might actually be strengthening the constraints on
it.  While that might be desirable, it opens a major can of worms, and
was not the intent.  What I'm seeking is just a descriptive term for
"what mail bodies are now assumed to be."

How about simply

which is, at least, a non-technical term that somewhat describes the
status quo....