Re: text --> IA5 ?

1991-04-08 18:16:45
I note that you did not suggest that IA5 is too unambiguous!

Too long.

If we're voting, I vote for USASCII.  Actually, the US is redundant...but
then we still have to distinguish 7-bit ASCII from 8-bit, eh?  (No offense
intended to citizens of other "American" states...)    -jwn2

How is it that something can be redundant, and its absence can then
cause a failure to distinguish.  )-:-)

I vote for the one that is most unambiguous, believing that accepting
ambiguity in the interests of avoiding things like "too cryptic"
"chauvanistic" is just not useful in terms of our objectives.

I am becoming very baffled by this discussion.  Is this a standards
meeting, or am I really at the IMPROV in Hollywood?  I always did want
to be a stand-up comic, but I never thought to do it here.

Best...\Stef