Re: Statistics -- richmail utility

1991-06-11 09:51:11
I have no real objection to making richmail syntactically compatible
with SGML, though it would have to be an extremely small subset.  (I'm
also not qualified to judge its compatibility, I think.)  But I don't
see any real advantage to doing so, either:  the act of defining the
subset will be no less cumbersome than defining a new syntax, and I
can't think of any circumstances in which the compatibility would really
be useful, given the semantics-free nature of any SGML parser.  I'm not
opposed to the idea, merely skeptical that it makes a difference.