re: Basic requirements of a message

1991-10-10 02:06:36
On Thu, 10 Oct 91 09:03:30 +0100, Dan Oscarsson wrote:
[lots of flames]

Please explain how it is that you cannot send e-mail in Swedish using the
local 7-bit national character set.

I receive a fairly large amount of e-mail in Japanese every day.  And it uses
a couple of orders of magnitude more characters than Europe.

My interest isn't very much in multi-media mail -- although I did implement
audio because it was easy, but rather in file attachments, which many people
around here consider a `basic requirement' that is considerably more important
than simultaneous international character sets.  Simultaneous international
character sets are, in fact, what you're demanding, since local 7-bit national
character sets have always worked.

Or, are you saying that you are offended by tokens in the header, e.g. `From',
being in English?