Re: Basic requirements of a message

1991-10-14 05:18:03

Take a look at what Dan says. It is the USER AGENT that should present
the headers in a "readable" way to the user. The conclusion of this is
that WE DONT NEED local characters in the headers. We can USE the
"content-type: message/iso-8859-2" form (see chapter 5.4 in the draft).

No, we can't.  Mark Crispin has decided, in his infinite wisdom, that
a content-type "message" can't have a transport encoding, and therefore
it can only contain characters that can be represented in seven bits.

Which page in the draft states this? I thought that we where discussing the
current draft not the current draft with ANY addition/change expressed in
this list. I can not find any OFFICIAL errata to the draft.

Sven-Ove Westberg