Re: Basic requirements of a message

1991-10-17 10:03:17
Mark wrote:

It has nothing to do with discriminating against Europeans (or should I say
Scandanavians?  A lobby representing at most 20 million people are dictating
that their solutions be adopted to apply to hundreds of millions of people).

Oh, well, I am representing two European organisations, namely EUnet
and RARE. The two organisations have member countries of about
approximately 600 and 300 milion people respectively.
And I am lobbying on their behalf on these requirements.
And do not get us wrong. Europe is quite densely covered with
email compared to the US.

I think we should rather discuss the engineering details of needed
functionality than do this number-bashing.

Keld Simonsen