Re: Yet another proposal for non-ASCII chars in headers

1991-10-24 03:05:23
I at least will be MUCH more happy with Keith's proposal being cast
in concrete at the same time as the rest of RFC-XXXX than with the
header issue being postponed "until we have agreement".

At the recent NORDUNET conference, I had several people nagging me
who were VERY worried about the prospect of being left without non-
USASCII headers after RFC-XXXX, because they would have that much
less pressure to put on the manufacturers if the US people were all
(or at least some of them) happy about the RFC-XXXX compatible mailers.

I think that Keith's proposal has the necessary quality to go into
the RFC.

Protests????????????

                      Harald Tveit Alvestrand