SPEAK NOW OR HOLD YOUR PEACE (Was Re: Yet another proposal for non-ASCII chars in headers)

1991-10-24 06:49:31
Excerpts from mail: 24-Oct-91 Re: Yet another proposal fo.. Harald T.
Alvestrand(_at_)del (681)

I think that Keith's proposal has the necessary quality to go into
the RFC.

Protests????????????

You'll get no protest from me on this score -- I really like Keith's
proposal, though I think it needs some tidying up around the edges.  I
would be happy to see it incorporated into the document *IF* people
agree on it -- I would most definitely NOT be happy to see XXXX delayed
while we debate it.  So I think the time has come for people strenuously
opposed to the basic concept of Keith's proposal (or its incorporation
into XXXX) to speak now or forever hold their peace.