Re: image/basic ?

1991-12-10 14:33:51
WHOA!  Step back for a minute.

There are two big differences between image and audio:  First, a lot
more image formats have proliferated and created entrenched user bases.
Second, there is nothing nearly as ubiquitous as the telephony standard
for audio.

The closest candidate:  G3FAX.  But I'm not seriously proposing it as an
image/basic format, either -- there are lots of problems with it.  All
I'm saying is that the disagreement between Bill & Marshall is the tip
of the iceberg.  I predict that image/basic is a minefield, and I
recommend that we tiptoe around it.  -- Nathaniel