Re: An appeal for closure

1991-12-26 06:29:36
I can live with everything Marshall proposes except that I share the
reservations expressed by Ned & Mark -- i.e. I also want to see charset
names defined for the 8859 family and the Japanese usage.  I have no
strong feelings about how the latter should be worded, but I think it
vital that the charset name be reserved.  Given the large installed base
of Japanese mail software that can be made completely MIME-compliant
with the addition of a single header field, I think it would be foolish
of us not to define the string necessary to write that header field.