Re: Network World

1992-04-14 07:36:22
Gee, I look at MIME as a reason to NOT move to X.400.  Now I can give
my users many of the same capabilities of X.400 (like the important
things to them: attaching their WordPerfect files), plus they get to
use an already installed and working mature network infrastructure
(the Internet).

louie

The emphasis should be on diversity.  We recognized early on that X.400 has
it's adherents.  As Stef said yesterday, promoting greater interoperation
offers both systems greater opportunities for growth and acceptance.  We
should always remember we're developing systems for people.  And different
people have different needs.  Being close-minded serves no one.

-jwn2
jwn2(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com
noerenberg.j  (Applelink)
Speak of the world's own change.   Though we cannot conceive
Of an undreamt thing, we know to our cost
How the dreamt cloud crumbles...
-Richard Wilbur, Advice to a Prophet [1959]