Re: Problems with Messages over 50000 bytes

1992-06-17 10:53:40
Excerpts from mail: 17-Jun-92 Re: Problems with Messages ..
postel(_at_)ISI(_dot_)EDU (79)

When your only tool is a hammer a lot of problems look like nails.

Well, I don't think that's a very apt remark.  In this case, the MIME
features I were mentioned were designed specifically to solve the
problem Ann described.  In other words, we looked at the fact that the
world was full of a certain kind nails, and designed a hammer
accordingly.   Then when Ann asked if anyone knew what to do about her
collection of the very type of nails we were worrying about, we were
ready with a very appropriate hammer.

I don't really think the cute saying applies at all. -- Nathaniel