When your only tool is a hammer a lot of problems look like nails.
Questions to Jon and Ann:
1) how many nails do we have in the "report" mailing list? 10%? 20%?
2) did these "nails" send request messages to "report-request(_at_)isi"? or
did you invite these "nails" to be listed in the list?
Question to Nathaniel:
1) your idea of "message segamentation" is interesting--I know packet switch,
but I don't know much about "message switch" technology. Could you drop
me a note to tell the greatness of "message switching (i.e. split the
large message into several pieces and send them out separately, then
reassemble them at the receipient's side) ? Thanks.
2) do they really have technical difficulty to pass large messages through?
if not, then, they are concerned about the business side. In this case,
they may need to set up a large-message-splitting service in their post
office--hey, it's their business!
Question to small-message-forwarding-service provider(s):
1) I understand that you have business related concerns for forwarding/
distributing large messages. But, why don't you simply charge your
customers more for forwarding non-small messages?