Re: 10646 etc.

1993-02-18 02:39:33
Lately I've been wondering if it would be OK to see Unicode itself as
corresponding to MIME's "text/plain", and to see an extended Unicode
(i.e. language tagging and/or font tagging) as corresponding to
"richtext" (or one of its successors).

Erik, it should be noted for you that NO Japanese plain text is written
in Chinese Han.

Using Chinese Han for Japanese is like removing diacritical marks from
Latin.

Even if you remove diacritical marks for diaeresis, umlaut, circumflex,
acute, ring and so on from Latin characters, the resulting text is still
readable, just as we Japanses can barely recongnize Japanese text
represented in unified Chinese Han, which often have extra dashes and
subtly different topologies.

Do you think it is OK? If so, don't use 8859s and stick to ASCII.

                                                Masataka Ohta