RE: file attachments in MIME

1993-03-03 19:02:05
I disagree very strongly with the *last*. It really ought to be *first*. A
good analogy is a business letter. You start out with the cover letter on
top, and then attached to the letter (using a paper clip or staple) and
always after the cover letter, you find the attachments. So too with email
attachments: first the cover letter, and THEN the attachments.

Thanks for pointing this detail out -- I had missed it. Of course I agree with
you about it: if we're going to use multipart/attachment, I would prefer to see
it contain only attachments. If one part is special it should be the first
part.

                                Ned