Re: Language tags and 10646

1993-03-09 09:14:09
  I don't know much about Israel, but my guess is that
  they use Hebrew and English regularly.  Such messages
  would be *bilingual*, and ISO 8859-8 is "sufficient"
  (10646 is not really needed).

From this developers admittedly subjective viewpoint, support of 8859-x is a
royal pain, while support of 10646 seemed much cleaner.

But the issues surrounding language folding are begining to make me reconsider,
especially since it seems imposible to establish a language-tagged variant of
10646 which would be useable as Text/Plain.  Where I lack access to 10646.1, and
where 10646.2 is unavailable till printed (~3-4 months optimistically), I will
have to bow out of the nitty-gritty of this discusion, but count me in as a
member of the peanut gallery.
--
dana s emery<de19(_at_)umail(_dot_)umd(_dot_)edu>