Re: Multipart/Mixed and Compound Documents

1993-03-19 10:12:01
But alas, my eyes really did see message talking about determining
message structure/relation semantics based on the presence of an
ending blank line INSIDE a body part or the use of NULL body parts.

No.  I don't think you folks can possibly be serious.

I was responding to a previous message from Nathaniel (some time ago)
that said the presence or absence of that ending blank line effectively
determined whether Andrew treated the following object as being "inline"
in the paragraph, and that that distinction was intentional.  He was replying
to my earlier comment that that inline effect wasn't possible in MIME.

My message today said that that distinction wasn't sufficient and that I (or
Slate)
ignore it and that I expect most other implementations will also.

So, while I guess we were "talking about" the issue, I certainly wasn't arguing
for it.  In fact, I was arguing that the presence or absence of the blank line
*should not* have this significance.

Terry