Re: Multipart/Mixed and Compound Documents

1993-03-21 08:48:57
I can't argue with Keith's points.  Ultimately, I think a specialized
multipart subtype should give detailed layout information.  Until that
is present, however, I see no reason an application  can't lay out
multipart/mixed however it thinks is most appropriate.

It might, however, be smarter for Andrew to notic whether or not the
sending message was Andrew-generated (this can be deduced pretty easily)
and to use different heuristics for multipart/mixed layout in the two
cases....