Re: Comment on the draft MIME Part 1 document

1993-04-22 07:25:27
Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb(_at_)thumper(_dot_)bellcore(_dot_)com> writes:

I'm not entirely happy with the wording you suggest -- which makes it
sound like the restriction to 7-bit has been completely removed, which
it hasn't ...

Yes, you're right about that.  And there is another problem with
one of my suggestions:

:             utext := <any character represented by one octet>
:                           ; (0 - 255)

In some coded character sets that are likely to be accepted for
MIME use in the future, characters can be represented not by one
octet, but by two octets or even more.  I have no alternative
proposal at the moment, though.