Re: Comment on the draft MIME Part 1 document

1993-04-26 14:28:56
  How about if we just add the following paragraph after
  the definition of the body-part syntax:

  NOTE:  In certain transport domains, the RFC 822
  restriction that limits body-parts to printable ASCII
  characters may have been removed.
                             ^^^^^^^
  Such removal should
  be construed as locally extending the definition of
  body-part to include octets outside of the ASCII range.

removed from what?  I dont think this word is appropriate here.

Perhaps the following:

NOTE:  In certain transport domains, the RFC 822 restriction that limits
body-parts to printable ASCII characters may be unenforced.  Such
lack of enforcement should be construed as locally extending the definition of
body-part to include octets outside of the ASCII range, with an inter-domain
understanding of the semantics of these octets.
--
dana s emery <de19(_at_)umail(_dot_)umd(_dot_)edu>