Re: text/enriched

1993-08-06 07:36:04
Excerpts from mail: 5-Aug-93 Re: text/enriched John Gardiner
Myers(_at_)cmu(_dot_) (2239)

This is a red herring.  Andrew's richtext is particularly unreadable
because whoever wrote that richtext composer made no particular effort
to generate readable output.  I'm sure it can generate text/enriched
that is just as unreadable using the same exact technique of wrapping
lines mid-word using quoted-printable.

Sigh.  I wouldn't say I made NO particular effort, but I certainly could
have made more.  Frankly, I stopped refining the quality of the richtext
Andrew produces when I decided that so many changes to the richtext spec
would be necessary for true readability.  That doesn't mean the richtext
couldn't be more readable, but ultimately I think people would have
hated it until we got rid of all the <nl>'s. -- NB