Re: text/enriched

1993-08-10 05:59:42
Well, there's a constant balance here.  My impression was that there was
a consensus that the rest of MIME was good enough to be set in stone,
but that richtext needed more work.  I must say that the ongoing debate
doesn't exactly serve to convince me that I'm wrong on that score!

Believe me, I would LOVE to have just stuck with text/richtext, and I
feel really bad if people think text/enriched was a step backwards.
What we need is a consensus, and that's what I've been trying to help
develop.  I don't have many strong feelings at all about what the
emerging standard for simple rich text should be, merely that there
should BE such a standard.

Personally, I'm happy with the text/enriched draft, but if a consensus
emerges for changing it, I can live with that, too.