Re: text/enriched: Throwing in the towel

1993-09-02 13:13:53
At  3:40 PM 9/2/93 -0400, Nathaniel Borenstein wrote:
Initially, text/enriched text is intended to be displayed
fully-justified with appropriate fill, kerning, and letter-tracking as
suits the capabilities of the receiving user agent software.

I'm certainly *capable* of justifying text using spaces.  This led me to
believe that I was *required* to do so.  The fact that your text/plain
alternative used this method reinforced in my mind the idea that this was
expected behavior (understood that there is no explicit tie between the
formatting of your message and the standard).

So, if in my judgement justification would lessen the legibility of the
text, I am allowed to eschew it, regardless of the sender's implicit or
explicit instructions?  Can I get that in writing?  :-)

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Inc.