RE: Re[2]: yet another way to indicate related MIME body parts

1993-10-29 07:26:06
At  9:35 AM 10/29/93 -0500, Jim Conklin wrote:
 I believe that MIME is needed NOW, amd I would hate to see us spend so
much time refining it that it doesn't get implemented.  It would really be
tremendously useful to have its present capabilities widely available
today.

I don't think header-set is an appropriate whipping boy for the slowness of
the MIME standards & implementation process, though it may be the current
bottleneck in a few cases.  I know the MacMIME proposal has been
languishing since long before the header-set discussion began.  Ned at one
point indicated that he thought it would be a year before he would be
interested in supporting MacMIME, and that was when the proposal was
multipart/appledouble, before header-set was suggested.

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Inc.
    Sometimes it's easier to let your cockatoo eat your shoes