Re: Ambiguity on 8859-* and bi-directionality

1994-07-22 00:41:23
Specification of ISO-8859-* in RFC 1345 includes ESC, SI and SO.
So, it is no good.

Oops, I'd like to say here that as for ISO-8859-*, RFC 1345 is just
as good/bad as RFC1521, here.

Well, you need to know what the values of these characters are.
If not, you cannot do anything when these characters arrive.

If not, we cannot do anything when these characters arrive, we can't
send these characters, which could have been a good specification.

                                                        Masataka Ohta