Re: "Obsoletes" is a much needed Internet mail feature

1994-08-18 19:28:39
"Supersedes:" is not documented in any RFC that I am aware, however it
is in widespread use in netnews.  It is documented in Henry Spencer's
draft follow-on document to 1036.

The header takes as a value a single message-id, which the message is
to replace.  I believe the follow-on document may allow multiple
whitespace-separated message-ids, but existing software doesn't handle
this.

--
_.John G. Myers         Internet: jgm+(_at_)CMU(_dot_)EDU
                        LoseNet:  ...!seismo!ihnp4!wiscvm.wisc.edu!give!up