Re: "Obsoletes" is a much needed Internet mail feature

1994-08-19 00:02:32
On Thu, 18 Aug 1994, Dave Crocker wrote:

I'll also note that a small comment from Jacob bothers the heck out of me.
He said that the behavior in the receiving UA wasn't specified.  This makes
it sound as if the semantics of the function are not clear enough.  Sure
hope that was just bad reading on my part.

X.400 does not specify in very much detail how a receiving UA is to
implement receiving an obsoleting message. We can of course choose
to define this more clearly in Internet mail than it is defined
in X.400.

Jacob Palme                  E-mail: jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se
                             Phone: +46-8-664 77 48 or +46-8-16 16 67
Department of Computer and   Fax: +46-8-664 77 48 between 9 am & 2 pm WET
Systems Sciences (DSV)       Postal address: Skeppargatan 73,
Stockholm University         S-11530 Stockholm, Sweden