Re: HTML in MIME mail

1994-11-04 15:16:45
Well, currently the www community calls HTML "Content-Type: text/html".
This is unfortunate, since RTF is application/rtf...

        It was probably one of those  "hard to call"  decisions.
You might get away with blaming Nathaniel for it.   ;-)   I for one have
a filter that marginally handles either  text/html  or  text/enriched.

        Personally I hope that they (the WWW community) DO NOT
adopt application/html.   HTML is at least  eyeballable,  unlike  RTF,
PostScript,  etc.   The same can be said of  text/enriched.

                      --Dan
--
        Dan Grillo    dan_grillo(_at_)next(_dot_)com      (415) 780-2963

--
Rick Troth <troth(_at_)rice(_dot_)edu>, Rice University, Information Systems
(grieving for Michael Daniel Smith and Alexander Tyler Smith)