Re: CTE:

1994-12-15 14:28:59
Rick Troth writes:

                                                      Some person
says that quoted-printable is the one.

        I think that was Patrik.   Perhaps others too.   Personally,
I avoid QP (quoted-printable) whenever possible.   It seems to be best
suited to files that are  "mostly text"  or  "mostly 7-bit clean".
If you want to send something like a GIF or an executable,  or even a
spreadsheet,  I would strongly recommend Base64 instead.

QP is not really useful, as the environments where I think it was
intended for, Europena languages with at large portion of the
letters in ASCII, it is still unreadable. We got a number of complaints
from our customers until people stopped sending out QP. It is
only quite occasional now that we QP messages here in my Danish
environment.

Keld