Re: CTE:

1994-12-16 08:15:11
Patrik Faltstrom writes:

If you think Q-P is unusable, then use Base64, but never, ever use
8bit without using the 8BITMIME ESMTP extension. As long as we have
one server which is not 8-bit clean, then you can never assume that
you can just-send-8.

In you environment, Keld, I know that you are using MNEMONICS according
to RFC-1345, but that is a different way of solving the problem. When
actually having 8-bit characters to send, I strongly argument
against a just-send-8 solution.

What we are doing is a "consenting-adults" just-send-8 with labelling
by MIME charsets, but it is not done on ESMTP. Most of the sites
that we do this with, are hooked up by uucp.

Keld