Re: Will the real uuencode please stand up?

1994-12-19 07:45:06
At 8:50 PM 12/18/94, Mr Rhys Weatherley wrote:
So, what is the collective wisdom on the *cough* "correct" CTE value
to use when sending a MIME message containing uuencoded data?

I use "x-uuencode".  I won't argue that it's correct, but it's what I use.

I will not use multipart/alternative for uuencode; to my mind the whole
point of using uuencode is compatibility with non-MIME mailers, and
multipart/alternative blows that pretty completely.

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Incorporated.  "Oog make mission statement."