Restricting the list

1996-02-05 09:16:49
  Well, we've been caught!  I assume that most of you don't wish ads for
nude models (and whatever may follow) in your ietf list mail, and that
those of you who do can find them elsewhwere.
  I'm going to take the immediate steps of removing this list from its
globally published status, which may or may not help.
  I'm also considering making restricting posting to the subscribers to the
list, which is more restrictive than the normal situation for ietf lists,
so I'd like to get your reactions to that before I do so.  I propose that
such a restriction is not overly troublesome because (1) anyone can still
subscribe if posting is that important) and (2) postings are really
meaningful only from people that are fimiliar to the list.
  Finally, I must note that if such postings continue, CREN will probably
have to ask for some other site to host the lists, because of the legal
liabilities involved.
  What's your pleasure?

Jim