Re: best name for followups?

1997-07-09 08:50:31
Keith's proposal is to use Reply-To to control replies, and to ignore
the concept of followups entirely.

I know that _Keith_ is ignoring the concept of followups. However,
_MUAs_ already have the concept, and they're not going to throw it away.

I don't think it's useful to apply the netnews concept of `followup' to the
common email UA function of `reply using From + To + Cc'.

Until I hear better terminology, I'm going to continue to use ``reply''
and ``followup'' as generic terms for the two response functions in
existing MUAs.

Actually, none of them are following 4.4.4 when they do `reply to all',

You misunderstand. Keith is proposing a change in _replies_, not just