Re: Quoting (was Re: Content-Type: text/paragraph. An alternative proposal)

1998-02-19 17:31:25
At 09.48 -0800 98-02-19, Ned Freed wrote:
Now,I don't know if the mid or cid URLs forms support any sort of fragment
reference. But it would be easy to add this concept (for text at least) if
they do not.

The way I understand the general URL format specification in
draft-fielding-url-syntax-07.txt, any URL can have a fragment added to it.
Thus, the specification of a specific URL type, like the specification
of the cid and mid URL type in draft-ietf-mhtml-cid-v2-00.txt does not
need to say anything about fragments.

Can someone tell me if this is true or not? I am copying this message
to Roy Fielding, the main author of draft-fielding-url-syntax-07.txt,
so that he can explain this.

If Roy's answer is that every specification of a special cid or mid
URL type needs to say explicitly that they can have fragments, then
I think we should change draft-ietf-mhtml-cid-v2-00.txt. I will
in that case ensure that this is done, since the responsibility
for draft-ietf-mhtml-cid-v2-00.txt is with the mhtml group. I will
either change it myself, or ask the author of
draft-ietf-mhtml-cid-v2-00.txt, Ed Levinson, to do it.

Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm University and KTH)