Re: Content-Type: text/paragraph. An alternative proposal

1998-02-18 13:48:10
At 2:00 PM -0600 2/18/98, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:
On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:41:48 CST, Rick Troth said:
On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Ian Bell wrote:
The conclusion must be that using _any_ quote character when replying in
text/paragraph may cause damage to the ensuing conversation thread. The
problem does not lie in MUAs but in text/paragraph itself.
     This connection I do NOT see.

The problem is that although (for example), the above got quoted using
the pseudo-standard '>' character, there's no good way to flag what
*was* actually used.

Actually, you quoted the above with ">SPACE", not '>'.  Chris's proposed
quoting language does not say anything about whitespace, and would fail on
text using the quoting you just did.  I quoted you with just '>', so I'm
Chris's best buddy.  :-)