Proper way to specify "Do Not Reply"?

1998-10-08 07:39:03
While discussing a brokked email system at a well-known ISP that is
generating unreplyable messages, a co-worker asked me what the proper
way to *specify* that no reply is to be attempted.  I was stumped.

Yes, you can point Reply-To: at a bogus address, or a /dev/null, but
I can't think of any way to specifically flag a message as "FYI only,
no reply desired".  Am I just caffeine-defficient today, or is there
in fact no such beast?

And if there isn't, should there be?

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks