Re: pop in, imap out?

2001-05-09 09:40:12
At 10:11 03/05/2001 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
This is sufficiently bizarre, I need to broadcast the query...

When trying to access a user's set of mailboxes from multiple machines -- eg, laptop and desktop -- just using operating system file sharing can be a performance problem.

So I am looking for some software that will use POP to pull down my mail from various network accounts, and then will make the mail available via IMAP.

That is, the "client" side of the server will go out and get new mail and incorporate it into its storage environment. The server side of the server will allow other clients to access the store via IMAP.

Does anyone know of such a WIN2K server?

I don't usually like 'advertising' on these mailing lists, but you may want to look at our VPOP3 Enterprise software (www.pscs.co.uk/products/vpop3/index.html). It sounds like it will do just what you want. It'll download mail from as many POP3 accounts as you want (over the LAN or dial-up connection) and then you can put them into one local merged POP3 or IMAP4 account.

There's a 30 day, 25 user trial version available, so you can see if it does what you need.

Paul                            VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
paul(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk                        http://www.pscs.co.uk/