Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-11 11:12:10

On the other hand, if we allow light-weight registration (requiring a
minimal spec and a discussion forum), we might find out early on when
someone is intending to deploy a new field.

this is actually what I have in mind.  however we may disagree about
how "light-weight" the registration should be.  I still want to see
a brief review period, with community input, before registration is
accepted, and I want to have the possibility for the registration to
be deined - especially if it's abusive or misleading.  I think that
will work better than automatically accepting whatever extensions are
proposed.

in other words, I believe "light-weight" is good - up to a point.
but there is also such a thing as "too light-weight".

Keith