Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-03 11:22:02

Well, for a header to get included in the Provisional Register you should
need two things:

(1) A specification published in an accessible place. That might be a web
site, an Internet Draft, or even an experimental RFC.

(2) A forum in which to discuss it. Which could be a mailing list or a
Usenet newsgroup.

I think this would be a good start.  Though I'd strongly prefer that the
specification be published as an I-D (rather than say, an MS word document
on a web page somewhere), and that there be a permanent mailing list
for discussion of new header fields.

The other thing I'd like to see is some way of pushing back on dubious
extensions.

Keith