Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-08 11:37:46

And if 3 or 4 sites want to use Counter-Argument-To amongst
themselves for a very special purpose and make it
X-Counter-Argument-To, and then it does catch on worldwide because
slowly 500 sites and 10 MUA writers all implement it, we are again
stuck with a non-standardizable field name because they decided to
start it with an X.

let's get over that.  if someone creates an X- field that is
really worthy of standardization as-is, let's standardize it.

but let's not deprecate X- just for the rare case that this actually
happens.

Keith