Re: Time to act: draft-klyne-msghdr-registry

2002-02-13 08:24:46

Interesting. I thought my comments were simple and clear, yet they seem to be receiving an impressive degree of mis-hearing.

Let me try this again, slower and simpler:

1.  ADs are vastly overburdened.

2.  ADs often try to obtain review services from others.

3.  ADs typically have an extremely difficult time obtaining those services.

4. The problem is bad enough for some ADs to have given up on even trying to get those services.

5. My sense of this problem is obtained from an intense review of AD work, as part of my CURRENT involvement in Nomcom, during which this very problem was discussed at length and the seriousness of the problem was noted to be pervasive.

So, if folks are going to try to dismiss my observation, please try not to do it by claiming the observation is wrong or that it is a different observation.

d/

At 04:11 PM 2/13/2002 +0100, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
> No. I am talking about getting non-AD folks to do review work. That is, I
> am talking about exactly the kind of task being discussed here.

Well, non-AD folk do internet-draft reviews, and that doesn't seem to be a
disaster.

--Arnt

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464