Re: Time to act: draft-klyne-msghdr-registry

2002-02-13 09:14:04

Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
Interesting.  I thought my comments were simple and clear, yet they seem to
be receiving an impressive degree of mis-hearing.

Maybe a little bit too short. It often gets to be that way when there's a
great big pile of mail...

I accept what you say in this message. Some of it's fact, some of it's
opinion with which I agree. I don't argue with any of it.

Never the less I would like registrants of new header fields to provide a
specification, wait a couple of weeks and deal with any comments provided
in that period, and only then enter it into the registry.

I'm not an AD or designated expert, I don't have a public responsibility
to review internet-drafts, but I read the ones that are relevant to my
work. When I send in comments, the author has a responsibility to listen.
That responsibility is a good thing.

--Arnt